What Should You Expect on our Discernment Retreat?
Brothers and Priests praying in chapel.
Have you been looking for a religious community that is Eucharistic, Marian and Devout to the Magesterium of the Church?
Wondering if maybe you should get to know the Mercedarian's and their charism better?
Apply now for our DISCERNMENT RETREAT!!!
Men age 18 - 35 are invited.
A Discernment Retreat is an opportunity to enter into the prayer of Jesus. Before choosing the Apostles, our Lord “departed to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to God” (Lk 6:12). Jesus’ example shows us the importance of taking time in prayer and discernment to discover God’s specific purpose for our lives. More than a ‘Come and See’, this is a time to help you move toward making an important decision in life.
The Discernment Retreat involves five goals, or expectations:
1. Growth in the discernment process: By now you are probably feeling more strongly called to religious life, and you have probably checked out a few religious communities and even formed a friendship with some priests and brothers. This retreat allows you to take a step further in your discernment. It will provide the opportunity to have one or more personal conversations with the vocation director of our community, who will prayerfully discern with you your vocation.
2. Learning about the spirituality of the Mercedarian Priests and Brothers.
3. Learning about the life of Our Founder Saint Peter Nolasco
4. Learning about our Apostolates.
5. Sharing the life of Community: As one of our guests, you will participate in the Divine Office, the celebration of the Eucharist, the Holy Rosary, our communal meals, and recreation. You’ll get to know us a bit, and we will get to know you!
"I would like to ask each of you: What will you do with your life? What are your plans? Have you ever thought of committing your existence totally to Christ? Do you think that there can be anything greater than to bring Jesus to people and people to Jesus?"
- St. John Paul II